Wednesday, September 19, 2012

3,2,1 CAKE!


 This summer my mom made the kids a "Magic Mary" cake.  Her friend Mary told her about it and it was perfect because it is lower cal (my mom has lost a ton of weight through WW).  The cake is really called "3,2,1 Cake" though "Magic" would be an appropriate name!
3,2,1 Cakes are perfect for someone who wants a little cake in a minute (literally).
All you really need to buy are two things:
1 box cake (of your choosing) and 1 box of Angel Food cake.
Take the mixes and then mix them together in a bowl.
Now for the magic...
In a mug add
3 T of mix
2 T of water (stir well with fork)
and 1 minute in the microwave and
VOILA!  CAKE!!
 You can add whatever you'd like for a topping.  I prefer frozen Cool Whip because it's yummy (and the "Lite" variety isn't too bad for you).  My kids love the chocolate variety but I prefer carrot cake so we have both mixes stashed in the pantry.  My kids like their cake on a plate but I eat mine right out of the mug!
If you'd like, you can add raisins or candy or other things to "spice" up your cake.  This is definitely something you're going to want to steal and try! I sure am glad I did!

20 comments:

  1. Mike and I love our 3, 2, 1 cakes. Right now we have Red Velvet and Chocolate. It makes an nice small, light treat. I even sent a couple of jars of mix to Tyler. He's hooked too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUM!!! I actually look forward to getting new cakes but usually just keep two varieties at a time. The kids LOVE the chocolate best but also like the rainbow type cakes too! <3

      Delete
  2. Ok so the costs thing about this is there are no eggs! We use apple sauce in place of the one cake mix Jack can eat! I can't wait to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's awesome! Never heard of that one! SO- to clarify....you always use the angel food and then mix a different cake in? Wonder why you have to mix the two? Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Nothing else! It's super easy and super yummy! We have them almost every night!

      Delete
    2. I think that Angel Food Cake already has dried eggs in the batter. The only thing you add to angel food cake is water. We are trying it tonight. Thank you for posting.

      Delete
    3. I hope you love it! We had it again tonight!

      Delete
  4. I remember seeing this but have never tried it. So easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so easy! I think you should run out and get the cake mixes now! <3 ;-)

      Delete

Let me know what you think, and share your ideas!! (So that I can steal them!) ;-)
I'm sorry for the word verification on comments. This blog was getting too much spam to keep it off.