Saturday, February 16, 2013

First Grade Insect Report/Museum


My first graders LOVE learning about insects!  One of the highlights of the year is when we finish our unit by having an "Insect Museum."  The students research one insect and make a model of that insect to bring into school.  We practice sharing our reports and what we learn in class and then later for the school and parents.  This is a great experience in oral language too!
If you would like to use the report we use at our school, you can click HERE.
I don't believe in that "Teacher Pay Teacher" stuff... 
If I already made it for my kids, why not let you have it for your's?  I (clearly) didn't get into this profession for the money!
I'm sure I'll tweak this as time goes on (I've already tweaked it a few times).  If I do, I'll try to remember to update this post!

13 comments:

Let me know what you think, and share your ideas!! (So that I can steal them!) ;-)
I'm sorry for the word verification on comments. This blog was getting too much spam to keep it off.