Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Regrowing Romaine? Who knew?


So it's been a while since I've posted to this blog (and I imagine I will post a lot more once school, dance, T-ball, baseball and dance are over)... BUT...
Did you know this?
Romaine lettuce will regrow itself!
I saw it on a friend's facebook page and being a mother of a son who has a Russian Tortoise who will live forever (OK, only 70 years or so) and eats this stuff (and dandelions) I had to check it out!
The teacher mug on the left shows how the other two were original cut (straight).  The other two are after one week of growth!  How cool is this???  

And how cool is it that I have a pet that lives off lettuce and weeds!  Gotta love that!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, and share your ideas!! (So that I can steal them!) ;-)
I'm sorry for the word verification on comments. This blog was getting too much spam to keep it off.